Monday, September 7, 2009

How can I learn Farsi if I don't live in Iran


How can I learn Farsi if I don't live in Iran?
What tips do you recommend...
Languages - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
there are lots of sites online, and try asking around in your community. chances are there is someone, or an organization, that can help.
2 :
Via the following language you can learn Persian. With practice and repetition you will succeed. http://www.linguanaut.com/english_farsi.htm
3 :
There are many websites that provide free online courses. I recommend Livemocha.
4 :
As the person above me stated, Livemocha is a brilliant site to learn languages from, it's currently what I'm using to learn German and Russian... Very effective too. Once you get going on there, maybe you could consider language exchange programs online where you can talk to native Persian/ Farsi speakers... :) The best way to reach that advanced and fluent conversational stage is to talk to people who're fluent in Farsi or are Persian themselves, but for the time being, use Livemocha to get started and have a decent background knowledge on the terminology. Good luck! :)







Read more discussions :