Saturday, July 7, 2012

I am a US citizen. Living in Iran. Can I get Green card for my husband from Iran while I am living in Iran


I am a US citizen. Living in Iran. Can I get Green card for my husband from Iran while I am living in Iran?
I live in Iran and do have us passport. I am an ameriacn citizen. Where do I file the required forms? Is it one of the centers in US or one of the embassies in Middle east, or swiss embassy in Iran?
Embassies & Consulates - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You need to be living in the US.
2 :
Links to the fact sheet saying to contact the US interests section of the Swiss Embassy and the USCIS overseas office locator for the filing address are below
3 :
You may file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative at an office overseas. You can download the I-130 and the instructions from the website below: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c67c7f9ded54d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD You can check the nearest office overseas on the following link: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3e5d6c0fe7f5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=3e5d6c0fe7f5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD
4 :
It's usually possible to file an immediate relative petition, which this would be, if you are residing overseas. Your problem is that you're living in one of the few countries without an American embassy. While there is a Swiss interest section in Teheran that handles some things for us and tries to answer questions, they don't do visas, immigrant or non-immigrant. You might be able to file in Ankara or Abu Dhabi, you'll have to ask them to find out. Check out usembassy.state.gov for the specific internet sites. Otherwise, you'll have to file back in the US. However, unless you and your husband intend to move back to the US, there's no point in filing the petition. You can't file directly for a green card. The petition is for an immigrant visa that allows you to enter the US and get the green card there. If you aren't a resident of the US, or intend to become a resident once your husband gets his immigrant visa, no embassy will be able to issue the visa in any case.
5 :
Your domicile need to be in the US if you going to petition your husband.
6 :
you can file here or at any American Embassy that you would be using in the middle east. The process is usually faster if you file abroad and with a lot less hassles I'm told. Although, I have to wonder what the Iranian gov. would do once they find out you've filed. You will need a qualifying sponcer from the USA though. Best of Luck to you! Asalamu Alaikum
7 :
The Iranian must be permanently residing in US to get a greencard.





Read more discussions :