Friday, October 7, 2011

Iranians… do you think a westerner could find a job in Iran pretty easily


Iranians… do you think a westerner could find a job in Iran pretty easily?
I plan to spend at least 2 years travelling later this year and I'd like to live/travel Iran for at least half a year. I don't really have any practical skills; my best asset is being a native English speaker and having university degrees (with no practical value). I don't think there are many native English teachers there so maybe I can do that. Any suggestions?
Ramadan - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think so yeah. I know for a fact that middle eastern countries love a westerner with skills in Maths or Engineering. But English is a universal language so that should be more than welcome.
2 :
No I dont think it's easy. It is possible but not easy as the other freind say. I am Iranian. I suggest u to find the job before coming because searching for it takes a long time and then u have to come back empty handed. Try the site http://www.irantalent.com/home/index.php to find the job u like. There surely native speakers are needed for some jobs as teachers or other jobs. But it takes a long time. Hope u success and sooner I tell u welcome to Iran.
3 :
you can apply for a job in iran to collect nuclear waste and send it off to the former eastern european communist countries who keeps selling that muck to iran
4 :
Unless your plan is not to spy on the nuclear installations
5 :
i guess you can, but it won't be easy...... well there are some magazines which are writen in english, you could find a job there if you're a good writer..... there are also some organizations which teach different languages, and the most commen one is english, you could also try getting a job there...... it is possible, but since you're not Iranian, and your first language is english, you have some advantages and some disadvatnages...... good luck Peace.
6 :
I think you could find a job in English language institutes.The pay isn't much but its the only job for a foreigner. Also you must become perfect in persian(farsi)if you want to live in iran




Read more discussions :